Friday, July 31, 2015

     So, here's a scenario for you... someone approaches you and seems very endearing and kind and you think to yourself, "Wow...what a great person!  They seem so real and genuinely interested in me as a person.  This is someone I could really make space for in my life."  So you get all excited and think about things you could do together or maybe suggest to them because you hit it off so well to begin with.  They may even invite you to a jewelry or skincare party.  You go because you really genuinely like the person and may even buy some products from them.  You say that you'll meet for coffee or lunch soon.  Then a couple days/weeks/months pass and you see them and they don't even seem to know you or know anything about you.  Has this happened to you or someone you know??  Does this make you feel really sad, angry, betrayed??
     Well, it has happened to me and you'd think I'd learn my lesson about people like this, but I don't.  I'm a trusting, caring person so I think that everyone, in turn, is the same way.  They are not.  I have to repeat this mantra to myself A LOT....don't place your expectations and beliefs upon others.  That is not to say that there aren't wonderful, loving, caring people out there, because there are!!!  I am the type of person to want to form a trusting bond with people who I have a connection with...those connections are not dispoable because someone has not done anything for me lately.  Those connections matter & the people involved matter too.
     I have wanted to break into the fitness/nutrition business because I want to share things that I have learned as a regular, every day "I need to get fit and eat better" person.  I have researched and tried many products and suggestions so I have knowledge about many different topics.  I am not an expert, but if I don't know it , I'll try to find out the answer.  I want to be able to support, motivate and help others who are in the same boat as I am.  I don't want to pressure people into doing things that they don't want to do.  I want them to be happy with what they are doing, happy with their results and happy to try harder each day.  No shame, no judgment.  I don't want to be that person who friends others because I know they can help me financially with my business.  If they decide to sign up, GREAT!!!!  I'm all for it.  If they don't have the money right now,  that's fine too....I'll support you any way I can.  If you need a sample, let me know...I'd be more than happy to share.
     I hope that I find others out there looking for what I have to offer.  If this sounds good to you or someone you know, check out my website www.thistledewfit.com.  If you just have questions or want suggestions, I will be happy to help.  I want to be the resource that I look for in others.  Thanks for taking time to read my blog:)



No comments:

Post a Comment